Bird Control in Virginia
Pest birds such as Canada geese, starlings, gulls and pigeons are popular wildlife that we are often called to remove uin Virginia. Birds make their homes in attic eaves, soffits, chimneys, gutters, shutters and behind siding in homes and businesses throughout Virginia and DC.
They also take up residence in commericial buildings, signage, roofs, AC ducting, ceiling beams, barns, wareghouses, and other structures and outbuildings. Bird control and removal should be prevented and a program should be implemented as soon as the birds have been discovered. If you manage an agricultural crop or vineyard, it's best to plan a wildlife control program in advance before any damage can be done.
Pest Birds in Virginia
Virginia is home to common pest birds such as: Pigeon, Sparrow, Gull, Grackle, European Starling, and Woodpecker. These birds can cause damage to your home, property or business, or even decimate a fruit crop if given the chance.
Bird droppings are very unsightly, and can possibly carry dangerous diseases. Nests are very often found inside a structure, where the female mother birds are nursing their chirping young. Woodpeckers are rattling outside your windows distracting you or your employees causes hours of lost productivity.
We employ many different methods depending on the particular species. One of our specialties is exclusion bird netting. Netting does have its limitations and may only be used under the right circumstances. Netting is ideal for enclosed areas like parking garages, canopies, balconies, and loading docks. We have also netted buildings' faces that have too many architectural features, as protecting all secondary ledges would not be cost effective. Other options are listed below
Types of Bird Deterrents
- Spikes - Spikes are stainless steel metal barbs with a defined height that effectively repel birds. Spikes are a long-standing method of bird control. Their effectiveness has been proven in many tests.
- Netting - Netting is a reliable protection from birds. We are experts in in implementing highly effective Bird Exclusion Netting
- Wire Systems - Pigeons and other birds cannot sit on thin, taught stainless steel wire and are thus driven away.
- Electrical Systems - With electrical systems pigeons receive an uncomfortable but harmless electrical impulse, which drives them away. Electrical impulse systems work on the same principle as metal electrical fences.
- Acoustic Solutions - Acoustic bird control devices replay attacking calls from predator birds, mixed with frightening calls from prey birds. Ultrasound systems permanently emit ultrasound of high frequencies, dispersing birds from protected areas of low to medium population. Professional systems combine ultrasound with infrasound.
- Visual Solutions - Birds perceive the environment mainly with their eyes, which are their main sense organ.
- Decoys - Predator decoys imitate natural enemies and thus increase hostile pressure in the affected area.
Bird Deterrent Services in Virginia
Feather Free Zone™ is a full-service bird control company, servicing Virginia, Maryland and the rest of the Washington DC metro area. We are privately owned and operated with corporate offices located in Leesburg, Va. We always utilize humane methods of controlling birds. Also, customer service and client satisfaction have always been one of our top priorities. We provide our clients with high quality, professional service that is guaranteed. When dealing with a bird problem, don't take matters into your own hands — give us a call.
The service we provide is well proven providing excellent results. We enter each new situation with an open mind and do not subscribe to one cure fits all. No preconceived solutions or products are ever brought to the property inspection and forced to solve your concern.